Sunday, May 24, 2009

Mummy is now fine...

Mummy's surgery took place on May 16. It was longer than expected - 2 hours instead of 45 minutes. More problems were discovered in the operation theatre. However, by grace of God, the procedure went off smoothly.

Priti was undergoing dialysis at the same time in another room on the same floor. Paro, Eugene, Panvi, Piya and I were camping in the common lounge on the same floor as the operation theatre and the dialysis room.

Doctors kept calling me to sign consent for additional procedures. In retrospect it is good that all the problems were discovered and resolved in one shot - but at that moment, it was a bit scary.

Mummy returned home on my birthday, May 19, and gave me a birthday cake...which I cut in her presence (Piya clicked the cake cutting photograph; so she cannot be seen).

The birthday celebrations, that night, were additionally joyful!